We offer Residential service to Montezuma, Brooklyn, Malcom, Deep River, Searsboro, & Guernsey as well as Lake Ponderosa & Holiday Lake plus rural areas of Poweshiek, Mahaska, Jasper & Benton County.
Inside the city limits Montezuma, Brooklyn, Malcom, Deep River, Searsboro & Guernsey. A volume based trash & recycling program is in place which consist of Audas Sanitation providing a recycling cart for recyables plus residence purchase bags for their trash to be put in and placed a the curb for pickup. Check the Recycling Guide here.
These bags can be purchased at the following places:
- Montezuma—Monte Super Valu, City Hall and Audas Sanitation.
- Brooklyn—Seaton’s Flag Foods and City Hall
- Malcom— City Hall
- Deep River—Winegarden Hardware
For rural residential and commercial needs, we have several sizes of dumpsters & roll offs from which to choose.
Scheduled pick-up can be weekly, bi-weeklly, monthly, or will-call.
General Residential Information:
All items for pick up should be bagged or placed in a container, manageable by one person, and placed at the curb or end of the driveway by 6:00 a.m. on your pick up day. Containers and/or bags must be accessible and not blocked by parked vehicles or other items that may restrict the ability to remove.
An off-route fee will apply if requested to return for pick-up if the above requirements are not met. 55 gallon barrels will not be emptied of loose garbage. As an option, we offer dumpsters & roll offs.
Please do not place top soil/dirt, rock, gravel or concrete in bags or containers for disposal. We take pride in the services we offer and do not intentionally toss or dispose of containers or cause damage from normal dumping. Therefore, we are not responsible for damage or loss of customer containers. If contents are stuck or frozen in the container(s) at the time of pick-up, we will be unable to completely empty the container(s).
Bulk Item Disposal Information:
Bulk item pick up is not included in your standard disposal service fee. We offer disposal of large items such as furniture, appliances, some construction materials, carpeting and other *miscellaneous clean-out items for an additional fee. Please call for pricing.
No bulk item(s) will be picked up without advance notice. Please call to schedule bulk item(s) prior to your pick-up day.
*Items such as carpeting, construction materials or large clean-out piles are subject to estimates. A price may not be able to be quoted over the phone, but you may contact our office to schedule an estimate.
We do offer dumpsters for bulk clean-out. Click here for more information.
Hazardous Waste Disposal:
Some non-household waste items that cannot be disposed of are as follows:
- Oil Based Paint
- Oil & other vehicle liquid waste
- Hazardous Medical Waste or other material listed as hazardous or toxic.Poweshiek County residents can dispose of hazardous waste materials at the Poweshiek Transfers Station, 641-528-2801
Billing, Payments and Changes to Your Account:
Residential customers are billed on a quarterly basis.You will be mailed or emailed a bill at the end of a calender quarter payment is expected by the 20th of the month. We accept payment by check, cash (of exact amount), MasterCard, VISA, Discover or American Express. You may pay your bill online by clicking here.
• A $30.00 fee will be charged if a check or bank draft is returned by the bank for any reason.
Services may be suspended if payment is not received by the first pick-up day of the new quarter. An automated reminder call will be made for past due accounts prior to suspension. Please make sure your phone number is up-to-date at our office.
• Credit is not given for suspended service.
• A 2% late fee is applied to past due accounts.
• An off-route fee applies if service is requested prior to your next pick-up day for suspended accounts.
• Accounts that reach 90 days past due may be turned over to a collection service. Thereafter the following applies:
• In addition to the past due balance, a re-start fee and/or re-delivery fee of a dumpster must be paid to resume service.
Cancellation must be done in advance and can be done by the account holder(s) only.
• Refunds are issued on an individual basis.
• Container(s) assigned to you will be scheduled for pick up at time of cancellation.
• You will be responsible for the replacement cost of any container assigned to you if it becomes lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair.
Changes to your account may be done by either the account holder or approved contact on the account.
Audas Sanitation offers a wide range of convenient and affordable containers to service our rural and commercial customers, ranging from the smallest dumpster to containers for special projects that yield large of amounts of garbage call 641-623-5691.